Meimei Drew a Reversed Zoo

It was Children's Day and Meimei received a box of crayons from her classmate's, Tricia, mom. She returned home and started drawing this first picture...  

 I spotted the lion and found it so cute. So I asked her to draw a bigger one on a new sheet.
Here we are. A five-legged lion. Maybe a sunflower growing by the side of a five-legged table.

I asked her to draw a cub and there it is up there. And then I spotted a person lying infront of the lion.

Smiling.

Strange.

I wouldn't be, if I am in that position. So Zen.

"妹妹,为什么有一个人躺在那边?会不会被狮子吃掉?为什么还在笑?“

”没有,只是一个人站在前面。“

“做麽站好像躺着酱。。” I wondered aloud.

And she didn't think he is in any danger at all.

Next, I saw this, and burst out laughing so loud it frightened her. “你吓到我!”

Because now, it looks like the lions are visiting the man in a zoo. hahaha! I told her.

She said, since I said the man looked like he was lying down, she drew him a mat to lie down on.

Miss ah, come come come, draw a mat on the floor now because Mommy needs to ROTFLOL.

Aiyayaya...so super sweet! So take care of her drawn character. (See? Zen people have no fear. They get natural care and protection by virtue of their vulnerability. Now he has a mat to lie on, or a cage if the cats attack.)

I said, then the checks should not be drawn over the man because, instead of the man lying on a checkered sheet, it would look like he is in a cage.



  

So I turned overleaf the piece of recycled paper, I saw this little girl picture and first drew a square around her.

"Now, pretending she is lying on a sheet, I am going to draw the lines on the sheet."

I drew and showed her to avoid the girl when the lines came near her..

"Because we cannot see the lines under her mah, she has covered the lines. SO if you draw OVER her, like now...it will look like she is in a cage lor.."

I explained patiently.

Later she drew her own stick man and a sheet again.The one with many lines radiating out on top of the little girl is her attempt to have the lines go under the man.

Then she asked me," Do you know why the sheets are crooked?"

(Because she cannot draw perfect squares or rectangles)

"Why?" I asked..

"Because they never laid out the sheets properly..."

"Oh, is it..?"  Hmmm..



Inagaki's Shop on etsyInagaki's Shop on Facebook

Share:

1 persons said

  1. LOL...o gosh...I love the conversation!!! Yup I LOL with the first cage like mat :D

    ReplyDelete