2011 Reflections

I thought I wanna do some kinda deep reflections like my blog idol Alicia Paulson at rosylittlethings.com so I took out my galaxy tab and click the blogger app.

And then.

It's hard to do it when you see how classy she pulls it off.

Anyway, I will do my own obiang, unromantic, not deep version lah. What to do, never read enough books..not enough substance.

2011 will be especially memorable for two major events.

1.) The huge gold run in the first 5 months.
2.) My sickness in the last few months.

The first event taught me how immaterial money is. Beyond the basic level of money we need, we really do not need much.
Even if you have a lot of money, it takes effort to use it. Even if you buy everything you like, you do not have the time to enjoy or use them.

It was like God threw a bunch of money onto my head. And then took it away again later. But I learnt the lesson. Money will never be a major pursuit in my life. For oh how little joy it yields.

It is health, says the second lesson. My neighbour put it well. She said, if you do not have health, even if you see a $10 note on the ground, you can't walk over to take it, it is useless.

I have said enough of the 2nd lesson and will not say more for now.

I am continually grateful for my family. For my husband for being a supportive spouse..the children for giving me a purpose in life. My extended family for being the big tree that shelters me. How good it is to b part of a bigger family.
Grateful for my parents' and mil's good health.

And thanks to you who read my blog. I still think it's a bit weird for friendship, but it is a valuable friendship. Not the kind you can rely on when you need to borrow money definitely hahaha, but, a kind of quiet suppport. I wish you good health and happiness in the new year.

What have I lost? I can't help but notice how much of humour I have pared off my blog in the recent years. Even in person, my efferverscent personality has become more subdued over the years. Sometimes I really miss laughing out loud all the time, when I was younger.

May I remember how to laugh out loud more in the new year.

May your deepest wishes (kind ones!) come true!

Have fun with the countdown! :)


Oh and the picture? Baobao's front teeth wouldn't come off and the new one started growing behind it. Had to get it extracted the other day. It was already bending at more than 70 degree but just won't cone off. Naughty milk teeth.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Share:

0 persons said