Going on an offensive

Funny how every once in a while in my life, I run into such personality - The unskilled conversationalist.

I must have been a magnet for such personality, for somehow they love to befriend and talk to me.

So I have not many friends in real life now. I was grateful to have found a couple of them in the neighbourhood with whom I can trade children's school info or house chore and marketing tips with.

I really appreciate real friends. Someone you can see and touch in real life. That warmth in a face to face interaction is something virtual friendships cannot provide. Like how sometimes when we get excited in conversation, we hold each other's arm and laugh.

But the clash in personalities is something I have to live with.

One, I dun like to be talked to for an unbearable length of time in a conversation. I feel like a bin for someone to offload their thoughts to. Like "Uwacccck!" All vomit out.

There no editing of the words, just wholesale everything from.the brain all pour out.

Eg. This morning while we sat outside the park waiting for Meimei's school to open, along came said person with her little girl.After greeting with a smile, she referred to her little girl,

" See? She is wearing her sweater inside her uniform instead of outside. I wanted to asked her to change but she wouldn't. She had even wanted to wear a dress inside it. This sweater ( telling me the design) inside the uniform is white, only the outside if striped long sleeves...(repeat some parts again)"

Jesus, I did not even ask or look at the outfit and got a barrage of the story and all its full gory details poured at me. Am I even interested in what the design of the sweater inside the uniform is? Now do you know what I meant by no editing?

There is no interest in what the listener thinks or is interested in.There is only a one way interest in getting things off the brain.

_____________

And so. Do you think Earthtone is a 善良之辈子 or 省油的灯? Who would just sit around and get bashed left right centre? Of course not!

After sending the kids to school, as we wallked back, I began my story too. Of how there's a boy in Baobao's school who is harassing him.

I went on and on and on and on and on and ON. Wait, there was a pause in between (the kind where I could nearly hear her thinking,"phew, thank god she is done"), and then I went on again!

Suddenly, I realise ... That was FUN! Just talking and talking non stop about my son. Why have no one clued me in on this before? Weeeee~~~~

The funnest part was she tried to cut in in a few places and I cut her back. Man, that was some competition!

Just giving her a taste of her own medicine. I intend to keep this up until she gets bored of me and leaves me alone. :p I'm sure she will, after she realise it's no fun talking to me anymore..muahahahahaa . Wait, I think I meant "no fun 'listening' to me anymore"




Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Share:

3 persons said

  1. 我看了只想到一句话,以其人之道,还治其人之身。
    Hahah, Happy Chinese New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lihlih, happy new year to you too!
    CS,才这一回合罢了,前面已经给她赢了很多局。
    嘻嘻。。讲来大家笑一笑而已啦。

    ReplyDelete