Beautiful Heritage Road - Lim Chu Kang Road and Gardening

While we were at Kranji that day, it was hard not to notice how beautiful Lim Chu Kang Road is.

There would be trees from both sides of the road that would cover the road and provide a canopy. And on routes where buses travel, the canopies are actually square-shaped. You can almost imagine seeing the bus go through below with the trees fitting right to their shape. So cute.

The roads are very so quiet and deserted. When I was in Canada with my colleague, whenever we drove on a quiet road, she'd say, "Lim Chu Kang." Haha..


lim chu kang road, garden city, singapore

I made a search for these roads and was surprised to find that they are actually named "Heritage Road" by the National Parks. These pictures are taken from their site.

lim chu kang road, garden city, singapore

Meaning they are protected for their beauty and heritage, I guess. Which should be.



lim chu kang road, garden city, singapore heritage road

There were many signs by the road that warn motorcyclists of cyclists. Meaning the road is a favourite haunt for cyclists. Take note though, that accidents happen very often here. Fatal ones. There are a lot of big vehicles driving along this quiet road. And its quietness makes it more dangerous. Quiet = less cars = perceived safety to speed = less alert = higher tendency for accident. 



This is Mandai Road. A different road from Lim Chu Kang. One that used to be an old main road connecting the North and South of Singapore. Look at the rain trees that line this road. These are rather old trees. What a beautiful road.  

So while I was snooping around nparks' website, soooo interesting! So many gardening stuffs.  

Lately I really appreciate being in a Garden City. Here's a view from my window.



I am often caught off guard by its beauty. I don't look out of my window enough.  Each day I get to see how the colours change depending of the kind of weather there is. Grey skies are the worst. :( This is a million dollar view for me, I won't sell my house even if someone offers me a million now. Not even 2m. 3m ? contact me on my email please.

And how about just a lane under my block?



I know this pic is not the most impressive. There are days when just after the rain in the morning, you can see rays of sunlight coming through the trees. And the aura is quite enchanting. Beauty is everywhere, you just need to look keenly, with your heart.

My point is, look at all the greenery!  I love trees. And am eternally grateful for the people who came up with the idea of a Garden City. 

So while I was at nparks website, I drooled over all the activities.. Am very hot about gardening these two days.. (I am hot about things for a grand total of 5 days max these days.) Anyway, have done something with my garden today. Am planning to grow some vegetables. Will take a pic and upload tomorrow. (But you know you just listen to this promise first right, just listen..ok. I'm sure we now know what that means on this blog..)  



Inagaki's Shop on etsyInagaki's Shop on Facebook

Share:

0 persons said