Our School Holidays Memories - Sep 2012

Spent a few days at my mom's place in KL and now am back.

The few days at my mom's place was noisy. With 5 kids in the house. We did not bring them anywhere, save for the two grocery trips to the nearby supermarts. But they had a wild time chasing and got chased around by the cousins.




It was no easy time for my mom. She cooked most of our three meals in that 4 days. She spent losta time in the kitchen. Me, I tended to the kids mainly. My mom makes such delicious home dishes.




Had about two sessions teaching my sister's girls do their homework. And it was work. Really had to sit down and go through with them word by word, not an easy task at all. I cringe to think I have to do this next time with Baobao. Aiyo, it is hard work leh.


I did hesitate about going there and thus imposing on my mother. I know I would bring a mad house over. But I also think that my parents are getting on age, and I wanna visit them more often now that I am able to. Even if it means inconvenience to them, in that few days. Is it right to think this way?

In those few days, I also spent alot of time chatting with my mother. She is my best friend. We see eye to eye on so many things.

My mother is an admirable woman. She toils quietly all these years like a work horse. I saw her work those few days. She never stops, you know. Remember I wondered if I was lazy or diligent? In my mother's presence - utter laziness. No, she will not stop.



She does not complain, she accepts things thrown at her in her own quiet way. Not because she is not aware of the truth. If you speak to her, you know that she is much more clearer about the situation than anyone one around her.



But she has the capacity to forgive the people who step on her, and get on with her life in her own quiet way. So quietly, so effortlessly, anyone may think she amounts to little. But she has my greatest respect in my family.

The kind of greatness that if you never look hard enough, you will totally miss it.

I share some very same views with my father in terms of religion, (we have none :P) meditation, and qigong. So we have alot to talk about too. I like to plug in to his 70 year-old wisdom and try to see things from his point of view. It is really valuable to be able to have a perspective from people who have seen more than we have. So there's truth in the Chinese saying, "家有一老如有一宝".



Old people has wisdom years beyond us, tap them while you can. I learnt this even with Ah Por who lived with me in her final years. Even though bedbound and having lost her speech, she never stopped teaching me things. You can hear her when you use your heart.

Anyways, last two pics of the two imps of the house.




My mom prepared this for us to take on our bus trip. Too much!

Next time, I will bring the kids out by bus... gleefully planning. :)



Inagaki's Shop on etsyInagaki's Shop on Facebook

Share:

0 persons said