Day Out at Bugis

We were going to the Guan Yin temple at Bugis last Saturday. Here is Rochor Road with its colourful HDB flats. These flats are going soon to make way for come other city development.

Nayang Fine Arts Academy. I wonder if I am getting more arty farty these days. But things like this interest me.



Indian temple besides the famous guanyin temple..



Here we are, the doorstep of the temple. With tens of stalls selling flowers and josstick outside the temple. This temple is one of the busiest in Singapore.

We don't visit the temple often. Probably once or twice per year, or more if troubled. Been a while since we last visited, about time we say thanks to the the Goddess of Mercy for seeing me safely through my illness.



Bought a dyed red lotus for the Goddess..









Beautiful wall murals copying the famous Dun Huang murals of China. Such lovely flowy lines aren't they. Beautiful even though not the real thing.



Fortune tellers doing their trade outside the temple. I have never once been to one. Really do not have the courage to know the future. How good can it be, right? At the end, sure die one mah...what's there to know, I can tell you also. hahaha


Most touched buddha around... You will get good luck if you touch this statue. Touch his mouth, you will not be want of food. His eyes, you will preserve good eyesight, his money sack, you will have much fortune. His ears, longetivity.

I touched everything.

WANT!!!



The buddha is situated right infront of a store that sells figurine for praying. Everything taoist god that range from Monkey King, Goddess of Mercy, Laughing Buddha, Guan Gong etc etc etc. Lovely lovely beautifully carved statue of various sizes. If me, I can't decide which to buy, love many of them. I have a weakness for carved statues.

And it was great for the kids as it is now showing Journey to the West on TV. And they LOVE the Monkey King. So I had a chance to show them the statue and tell them how some people worship this Sage because of his greatness. Oh, also saw the statue of his teacher the monk Tang Shan Zang too.. Love the head dress he was wearing.

On a side note, so glad the children are taking well to the Journey to the West tv series. I was wondering with transformer and Avengers, how would they ever love these low quality CGI shows. Just glad it works out for them.

Would really love a Goddess of Mercy standing white procelein statue though. Such serenity and purity when I look at her.

And of course, jade, wooden trinklets of every size and shapes. Have I also mentioned how much I LOVE these little things.

But lor, even though I love them all, I dun buy. Because I don;t know where to place them in the house.  


I imagine once I become a true blue elegant tai tai living in a huge penthouse, I probably may buy one of these to place say, along the hallways.. :P *dream*

Damn auntie man, my dream. cheh.


p/s : I hate Blogger's picture processing! So when I upload these pics, which are big originally, it helps me to shrink to to some tiny pics of about 200-300 pix width. Like who likes to see pics that size???!!!! Most infuriating was the pics are actually stored in a large format, but the template automatically shrinks it. So I had to go and change all the links so that it points to the originally big pictures. SI MI SAI! I hate it when technology stuffs make your life more difficult. It's not as if blogging is easy enough already.




Inagaki's Shop on etsyInagaki's Shop on Facebook
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

Share:

0 persons said