Charity event - BALD FOR FUND


There will be a charity event happening on 8th March 2012 at Mid Valley Megamall, K.L., where 16 ladies will go bald to help raise funds for cancer patients.

Having gone through a mamagram last year has made me more sensitive to the fear and pain that cancer patients have to endure. And for some reason, cancer seems to be on the rise recently. My ex-colleague has gotten it, a good friends father got it. Around the same time I fell sick last year, ASHLEY Hackenshaw, the founder of Lil Blue Boo also contracted one form of it.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the food we eat or the air we breathe.

Anyhow, just wanna play my small part for the cancer patients. It will be very encouraging to them to know they are not alone in fighting the illness.

While I had not donated money for this event, I had been excited about helping my sister with some parts of it. Writing this post is also one form of it. To help increase awareness of the event. My sister, Sharmaine, who started this event will be one of the ladies who will shave their heads.


Above is her before picture. So proud of her for organizing this event. My mother will show her support by shaving her head too. I wonder if I will cry when I see her bald. Who says only kids cry when they see their mothers look different? But I am so proud of her.

Here is the link to the official site. www.bald-is-empowering.com. Please help by donating, or simply spreading the word. The power of spreading the words is immense, never under estimate your ability to help by just spreading the word.

Thank you.




Share:

2 persons said

  1. Thx so much for the support, tears in my eyes while reading it...feeling the whole sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the purpose of the project is attractive. For something not about us. And it had been encouraging seeing how help arrive for the project from all places.

    ReplyDelete