The First Time I Brought The Kids Overseas, Alone

I did not realise how big this was until I just typed out the title.
It is the school holidays and I brought the kids to visit my mother in KL. My mother is busy these days, caring for my sister's three kids. She comes to Singapore less often. I have a certain mom addiction which I had to endure in those baby years.
So now that the kids are bigger, I am able to bring them out on my own. The husband cannot get any leave and so did my brother. I had some reservations, but went with it.
It was very smooth and I thank the Universe for it.
If the CEO of First Coach the bus company, reads this, he may have 12345-ed me." Bunny Help, neber thank me for the superb serbit. "
Which I will now.
I am not sure if anyone is ever interested in the level of bus service running between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, but here is a short write up on it.


It is a 23 seater. Clean and comfortable. The driver is less than cordial but I am satisfied as long as he is safe. The bus has a speed limiter, so it will not travel too fast.


I chose this company specifically for its Kris Flyer. Erm, the inflight entertainment system. This was very useful last year, when the kids were 2 & 5.It really kept them rooted to the seats.
But it is bring your own ear phone.


Handsfree parenting. Yay! An elderly gentlemen gave me this single seater by their side, when he went to take two free seats at the back. Traveling with kids has its perks. People just tend to be so helpful. If you dun get enough, just try to pretend more helpless. :p. Kidding. People just like to help kids, without you asking.


Another thing I like about this bus is there is a power socket at every row. No fear of running out of battery for your mobile device.


And the seats are spacious, reclinable to a very flat height. Quite ergonomical.
What I love most about this is. So clean and comfy with its gadgets, and chaffuered! If I own a car, seriously, I will have quite a tough battle inside between the two options. Driving is tiring, for me.
The boarding venue for this bus is Novena. Just above a mrt station. Papa sent us there that morning before he went to work.
Good thing the kids.did not act up with motion sickness (their favourite travelling stunt). So I got through without any hiccups.
Oh and, the last trip we went, Baobao got car sickness. I pressed the pressure point zu san li 足三里 and it worked for him.
So glad and proud of myself for this.
Inagaki's Shop on etsyInagaki's Shop on Facebook

Share:

4 persons said

  1. Is this the one that stop at bandar utama in kl? Youlgo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 多少钱?you l go

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sg to kl, sgd36,
    Kl to sgd, sgd 24

    ReplyDelete