My wakeup call at Chinese New Year?

Chinese New Year can be a scary time for a mom like me. As you know, I hadn't cared much about Baobao's education all along. Imagine my panic when going out and listen to what other moms are doing to give their kids a leg up.

Anyways, I believe it will just take a while before I settle back to my cool aka lazy self again. I am also slowly realising school is going to mean alot more business than I originally hoped so.

Baobao scored 8/10 for his first English spelling test. For not writing clearly the capital letters of the words as they begin in a new sentence. I was like, wow. Okay.

The spelling was correct but it was abit vague if those were capital letters, so he was marked wrong.

In another excercise, the teacher made him do corrections for words that were done rightly, but were not written on the lines. His were dancing high up in the air.

Reminded me of my own English education. Reminded me of how much I hated English. Of how you needed to write to the desire of someone else's style in order to be "correct".

I have always loved his free spirited strokes. You know, that child-like quality. Something I see in craft blogs and etsy now but can never emulate again. I dun have that innocence to do that.

But the teacher now wants to take that away by training him to write properly.....

Well, it's my own adjustments to make, I guess...I believe there will be more to come. :p I have no intention to homeschool and so will have to make them.



Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Share:

0 persons said